Win Premiere Tickets to I Play with the Phrase Each Other
The debut feature I Play with the Phrase Each Other – written, directed and produced by Jay Alvarez, will celebrate its World Premiere at the Raindance festival on 2nd October 2013. Starring Jay Alvarez, Will Hand, Megan Kopp, Alexander Fraser and produced by Jay Alvarez, Megan Kopp and Ray Callaway, I Play with the Phrase Each Other is the first feature film made entirely of mobile phone calls.
The story these phone calls shape begins with Jake, a young neurotic who is persuaded to leave his small home town and move to the city to live with his friend Sean, a fanatical poet who survives by swindling inexperienced Craigslist customers. When Jake arrives in the city, Sean has disappeared, and as he struggles to secure a job and a place to stay, Jake discovers a nocturnal world of neon poverty in which his friend is thriving.
The film is set amid the starving landscape of recession era America. It documents the current plight of unemployed youth, as well as an aging homeless population, relegated to precarious lives of urban criminality. By relating its generation through mobile phones alone, the film chases the private and public sway of hyper-connectivity in the age of Media.
Director Jay Alvarez said, “This is an announcement of youngness. The movie screams our modern nausea, our florescent nightmare. It speaks for the first time all of the grinding lives spent on one end of electronic data transfer.”
We have two pairs of tickets to the premiere to giveaway. For your chance to win a pair just answer the following question…
What is unique about I Play with the Phrase Each Other?
* flickfeast is the promoter of the competition
* Competition is open to UK residents only
* The winners will be picked at random and contacted by flickfeast.
* The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
* Closing date is 26th September. The winners will be notified by email and must respond within a day otherwise they forfeit the prize.
* You must be registered on the site to enter so if you’re not already please register (it’s free)