Win a Tom Hanks Blu-ray / DVD bundle with Captain Phillips
To celebrate the release of Captain Phillips (at cinemas 18th October) we are giving away three Tom Hanks Blu-ray/DVD bundles.
Captain Phillips is director Paul Greengrass’s multi-layered examination of the 2009 hijacking of the U.S. container ship Maersk Alabama by a crew of Somali pirates. It is – through Greengrass’s distinctive lens – simultaneously a pulse-pounding thriller and a complex portrait of the myriad effects of globalization. The film focuses on the relationship between the Alabama’s commanding officer, Captain Richard Phillips (two time Academy Award® winner Tom Hanks), and his Somali counterpart, Muse (Barkhad Abdi). Set on an incontrovertible collision course off the coast of Somalia, both men will find themselves paying the human toll for economic forces outside of their control. The film is directed by Academy Award® nominee Paul Greengrass, from a screenplay by Billy Ray based upon the book, A Captain’s Duty: Somali Pirates, Navy SEALs, and Dangerous Days at Sea, by Richard Phillips with Stephan Talty.
We have 3 fantastic Tom Hanks Blu-ray / DVD Bundles containing – Sleepless in Seattle on DVD, Angels & Demons on BD, The Da Vinci Code on BD and Philadelphia on BD to giveaway. To be in with a chance of winning simply answer the following question…
What is the name of the ship in Captain Phillips which gets ambushed by Somali pirates?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The winner will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
- Sony Pictures UK and Flickfeast do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries made fraudulently.
- Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is open to all GB residents, except employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
- This competition is a game promoted by Flickfeast. Flickfeast’s decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into. Flickfeast reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited and Flickfeast reserves the right to either offer the prize to the entrant whose entry is next drawn or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
- Sony Pictures UK and Flickfeast reserve the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value should the original prize become unavailable
- The prizes received may differ in appearance to the images shown