Wednesday, December 1, 2021

How to Add Images to Articles

Home Forums Contributor Forum Contributor Notes How to Add Images to Articles

• Creator
    Topic
    Robin Yacoubian
    Keymaster

Featured Image

Every article needs at least a Featured Image. To add one click the ‘Set featured image’ link on the Post edit page and then upload an image from your PC and then click the ‘Set featured image’ button once the image has been uploaded and is selected in the Media Library.

Featured images need to be high quality (width of about 1400 px and resolution of 72). You can source them off the web (Google Image search is good for this, especially if you use the Tools menu item and search for images with a Large Size). Please don’t use images that are too big though (greater than 2000 px on any side) as they will slow down the site.

If you cannot find a good image on the web then we may be able to source one from picselect.com, image.net or the PR people for you.

Add Images Inline in Articles

To add images to articles you can click the Add Media button on the Add/Edit Post page. You can then upload an image in the same was as Featured Images. Once the image is added to the Media Library, you can select it, choose the size you want it display (Medium is normally best) and click the ‘Insert into post’ button.

For both Featured and In Article Images, add the article title as well as the image name into both the ‘title’ and ‘Alt text’ boxes when uploading. Eg: “Scene Stealer: The Empire Strikes Back.” This will increase the likelihood of photos being seen in Google Images and linking back to your article.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Joe Bull
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve tried to add some images to a news article I’ve written but I can’t find either the “Set featured image” link nor the Add Media button.

I’m not sure if I’m running the latest Publisher version- would that make a difference?

Thanks

Joe

Joe Bull
    Participant

I’ve ‘google imaged’ the media button but it is missing from my screen. I also have tried to update the version of word press but it takes me to https://warfareplugins.com/support/updating-social-warfare-social-warfare-pro/ and when I try to update it says the page is unavailable for me.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Joe

Robb Sheppard
    Participant

Hi Joe,

Hopefully we’ve got it sorted now.

Robb

Robb Sheppard
    Participant

To increase the odds of photos being seen in Google Images and linking back to your article, add the article title as well as the image name into the ‘title’ and ‘Alt text’ boxes when uploading. Eg: “Scene Stealer: The Empire Strikes Back”

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recommended

Don't miss it