Friday, August 19, 2022

NITRAM (Drama) – in cinemas 1 July

Home Forums Contributor Forum Press Screening Invites NITRAM (Drama) – in cinemas 1 July

• Creator
    Topic
    Katie Smith-Wong
    Participant

Written by Kurzel’s long-time collaborator Shaun Grant (Snowtown, True History of the Kelly Gang), the film stars Caleb Landry Jones, winner of the Best Actor Award at the Cannes Film Festival for his devastating performance as Nitram, alongside Judy Davis (Husbands and Wives), Anthony LaPaglia (Without a Trace) and Essie Davis (The Babadook) in phenomenal performances. The stunning cinematography is by Germain McMicking (True Detective) and the evocative score by Jed Kurzel (Slow West).

Nitram (Caleb Landry-Jones) lives with his mother (Judy Davis) and father (Anthony Lapaglia) in suburban Australia in the Mid 1990s. He lives a life of isolation and frustration, never being able to fit in. That is until he unexpectedly finds a close friend in a reclusive heiress, Helen (Essie Davis). However, when that friendship meets a tragic end and Nitram’s loneliness and anger grow, he begins a slow descent that leads to disaster.

NITRAM is a compelling narrative portrait about the troubled person behind Australia’s worst mass-shooting in Port Arthur in 1996. The film focuses on the life of Nitram in the time leading up to the shootings, and sheds light on how these incidents could have come to pass, bringing to the fore a range of themes that challenge modern-day society including isolation, family support interventions, mental health and gun control.

Press screenings of the film will take place in central London on:
    Thursday 12 May at 10:30am start
    Tuesday 14 June at 6 for 6.30pm start

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgEQ7IE4fEU

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Johannes Black
    Participant

Hi! I would love this. Could I do the Tuesday screening?

Katie Smith-Wong
    Participant

Thanks Johannes, I’ve emailed PR.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recommended

Don't miss it