ROSE PLAYS JULIE (Drama) in UK cinemas from 17 September

Home Forums Contributor Forum Press Screening Invites ROSE PLAYS JULIE (Drama) in UK cinemas from 17 September

• Creator
    Topic
    Katie Smith-Wong
    Participant

Written and directed by Christine Molloy and Joe Lawlor (aka Desperate Optimists), directors of the award-winning film Helen and award-winning short film Who Killed Brown Owl, the suspenseful ROSE PLAYS JULIE stars Ann Skelly (The Nevers, Kissing Candice), Orla Brady (Into The Badlands, A Girl from Mogadishu) and Aidan Gillen (Peaky Blinders, Game of Thrones, and from the same directors Mister John and Further Beyond). The film will be released in UK cinemas from 17 September, 2021.

As an only child, Rose has enjoyed a loving relationship with her adoptive parents. However, for as long as she can remember she has wanted to know who her biological parents are and the facts of her true identity. After years trying to trace her birth mother, Rose now has a name and a number. When she contacts her birth mother, it quickly becomes clear that her birth mother has no wish to have any contact. Rose is shattered. As a renewed and deepened sense of rejection compels her, she travels from Dublin to London in an effort to confront her birth mother, Ellen.

Ellen is deeply disturbed when Rose turns up unannounced, but eventually feels forced to reveal a secret she has kept hidden for over 20 years. This shocking revelation forces Rose to accept the violent nature of how she came into existence and she sets out to confront her biological father, Peter. What Rose cannot possibly foresee is that she is on a collision course that will prove both violent and unsettling – dark forces gather and threaten to destroy her already fragile sense of her own identity.

ROSE PLAYS JULIE had its world premiere at the 2019 BFI London Film Festival where it was received to critical acclaim. The film was developed with the assistance of Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland and with the participation of the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland and RTÉ.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuGsbD0803g

Screening details:
    Wednesday 18 August
    6pm for 6.30pm start
    London-based

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Calum Cooper
    Participant

Hi! I’m interested in reviewing this film. I won’t be able to attend the included press screening as I’m based in Glasgow, so if someone else is available for the London showing and wishes to review this then it’s all theirs. But if there’s a screener available or if the Scottish Press Days include it in their next set of screenings on Monday 16th then I’d be more than happy to take this. Thanks 🙂

Katie Smith-Wong
    Participant

Hi Calum

I’ve requested a screener so I’ll have to see if they supply one.

If there is a screening during the Scottish Press Days, please put your name down on the FF Release Schedule so you can ‘claim’ the review.

Thanks,

KT

Calum Cooper
    Participant

Hi Katie,

Thanks a lot. I’ll keep you updated on the Scottish Press Days 🙂

Calum

Katie Smith-Wong
    Participant

Hi Calum

I sent over a screener for Rose Plays Julie – please let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks,

KT

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recommended

Don't miss it