Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Shorts reviews – extra 2 points

Home Forums Contributor Forum Screeners/Online links Shorts reviews – extra 2 points

• Creator
    Topic
    Robin Yacoubian
    Keymaster

Hi All,

I hope you are well. We have been asked to review a number of Shorts for the site. It’s 2 extra ad share points for each as these are paid reviews. The revenue goes into the ad share pot which will be great to get them all done. It will also help make our Shorts section on the site look fab! Can you please all help get these reviewed?

I have screening links for all. Please let me know which ones you would like to cover and I’ll email over the details…

Ala Kachuu (40 min)
    Directed by Maria Brendel
    A young Kyrgyz woman is kidnapped and forced to marry. A drama about the desire for freedom in the clutches of tradition.

All Riders
    Directed by Victor Dias Rodrigues
    The film thrusts its viewers into the disability rights movement in New York City. Following one of its leaders Sasha Blair-Goldensohn, it takes a peek behind the curtain with those that expose and combat the MTA’s repeated efforts to deny its disabled riders access to public transportation.

Bambirak
    Directed by Zamarin Wahdat
    When 8-year-old Kati stows away in her father’s delivery van, Faruk must juggle his responsibilities as a single dad while holding down his first job in a new country. As their relationship deepens, a brush with covert racism tests the bond between a father and daughter.

Blue & Malone
    Directed by Abraham López Guerrero
    Berta returns to the theater where she lived her childhood the night before it is torn down to find that the theater is still inhabited by her abandoned imaginary friends.

Girl With The Thermal Gun
    Directed by Rongfei Guo

During the global pandemic, a Chinese essential worker escapes his mundane life for a few moments each day as he gets his temperature checked by the woman at the grocery store entrance.

Hizia
    Directed by Chabname Zariab
    As Louise prepares to go out of her building, a man hands her a bag before being picked up by the police.

Song Sparrow (considered live action due to its technique)
    Directed by Farzaneh Omidvarnia
    A group of refugees pays a smuggler to reach a safe country in search of a better life. However, the freezing temperature of the vehicle of choice turns their hopes for a better future into a fierce struggle for survival.

Step Into the River
    Directed by Weijia Ma
    Lu and Wei are two young girls living in a village nestled on the banks of a river where some families drown baby girls in the river in order to have boys. The two girls have a special bond with this river. Together, they will find a magical strength to overcome the traumas of the past.

Under the Heavens
    directed by Gustavo Milan
    The film tells the gripping story of a Venezuelan mother whose ability to breastfeed forms a powerful bond with a young mother and her baby while they immigrate to Brazil to find work to support their families.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jed Wagman
    Participant

I’d be happy to do Girl with the Thermal Gun and/or Bambirak

Robin Yacoubian
    Keymaster

Hi Jed,

That’s great, thanks. I’ll mark you down for those two.

Katie is handling, Ala Kachuu, Blue & Malone, Under the Heavens and Step into the River.

So just All Riders, Hizia and Song Sparrow left – can anyone handle any of those?

Best,
    Robin

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recommended

Don't miss it